Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Sweet Killa Sambal

It was a dream come true when I saw the shop.

It was fate.

Boh-ean (No fate in Hokkien) with the original roadside stall but fated to try it in its new swanky cafe.
Fate can be cruel. Sometimes cruel enough that it hits you at the 2 places you hurt most. Clarification: places of where it hurts most varies from individual to individual.

For me the first hit was to my tastebuds down to my tummy.

The Rice was dry.
The red Sambal superbly sugary sweet.
The Sambal Sotong (squid) sugary sweet. Squid pieces has a slight odd smell.
The Pulled Tea which usually cost around RM1.20 in similar kecik glass, another diabetic inducement.

Saving grace, the stingy amount of accompaniments of crunchy peanuts with anchovies and the fried chicken drumstick marinated with spices.

Then I further reeled from this:-
Pictures are blurry. Poor hands are still shaky from the shock to my money purse.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG. Unbelievable. I noticed an outlet in Ampang Park (opposite Nikko) too. Looks like the owners are expanding in very "creative" ways.

Tummythoz said...

Lyrical Lemongrass, so Antarabangsa = International prices? Definitely way too rich for me. I pledge my loyalty to the makcik/pakcik roadside stalls.

~Christine~Leng said...

that was international pricing... haha

HairyBerry said...

yeah, their sambal is definitely sweeter than most. i am all for the salty, thick sambal nasi lemak. hehe....

Precious Pea said...

Wahhh.......got itemised receipt somemore!!!! Canggih!!!

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

very expensive indeed..

J2Kfm said...

wah ..... !!! *_*
i'm seeing stars.
but Steven's Corner also got Steven;s tea Garden over at Sunway Pyramid. more or less same. RM3 per roti canai i think.

Unknown said...

Ya I agreed with you, the sambal is sweet, the ayam goreng berempah is so dry and hard and even some roadside makcik gave nice and crispy ikanbilis unlike this antarabangsa's are those bad quality ones and yet they charge with this kind of price. I had it just 2 days ago at Ampang Point branch.

Ciki said...

waste of time. will never go there.
thx for reinforcing!

Little Inbox said...

Alamak, pengalaman yang tak bagus! :(

Babe_KL said...

ouch, very painful indeed!

Anonymous said...

Good gosh. Me and the Devil Wears Prada noticed an outlet @ Ampang Park too on our morning walk to work. Thanks for saving us from a big mistake!

Rebecca Saw said...

wow! Thks a lot! I was jz rounding up a grp to join me at the Ampang Park outlet, Thk god, else they will kill me!!
sigh.. commercialization huh..

Tummythoz said...

TQ everyone. Seriously though, I do wonder what research they did to justify/come up with such pricing...

A Super Branding attempt?

choi yen said...

nasi kosong = 2.35? *faint*

Tummythoz said...

*using a generous RM1.00 nasi lemak pack from roadside stall to revive mimid3vils*

Locations of visitors to this page