Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Restoran Clan's Loh Mai Kai Pau

Title's quite a mouthful but believe me, you'll love this if you're like Fezzaboy - a huge fan of Loh Mai Kai and Char Siew Pau. Trouble is you don't get the Char Siew from the pau, only the skin for the Loh Mai Kai has forced itself into the pau.

Being a resident in Happy Garden since 1990 and Sri Petaling since 2006, i was never aware of this reaturant, let alone its famous dim sum selections. In fact, it was Auntie Margaret from the Yut Kee coffee shop in Jalan Dang Wangi who told me of this while i was washing my car on a Saturday morning.

This place is located along the first row of shop houses on your right after the BHP Petrol station on your left and Carrefour on your right. Price is RM4.50 per piece, and is placed in a box if you're doing take-away. If so, ask for the cold ones from the fridge and steam it for about 20 minutes before you consuming.


Why I like this? Simple. The Loh Mai Kai inside is neither too soft nor soggy and the Pau skin wrapped around it is soft, tender and never flaky. I ended up with 20 boxes of these in my trunk - 5 for myself and the rest, families and friends. Tummythoz was just too far away for me to deliver.

My rating: A solid 8.5 out of 10.

10 comments:

Par said...

I like eating those too.

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

looks good..but 4.50 n u dun let me c the inside? how can?

HairyBerry said...

i tried hong kee's version of kai wor pau but the combo didnt work well. this one looks like got a thinner skin, which is good news!

Tummythoz said...

Apa far?? M not that ulu, ok. Bad bad fezzaboy!

sc said...

wonder if this is the one featured in ho chiak? i heard some say it's not too good..so maybe this is another shop..

Simon Seow said...

8.5 from you means 'A'. Oh must try, must try.

G said...

That my dinner! It looks creative .. will surely try.

Fezzaboy said...

Joe, sorry for the pictures... you know me lar.. once i start i can stop... good food has always been weakness.

I like this because somehow it's just perfect for me. I like the balance of the loh mai kai and the pau skin as it compliments each other rather well, suprisingly.

Tummy, your place definitely not ulu... but manyak jauh ... itu minyak pun sudah mahal leh...

Anonymous said...

Been here, agreed that the pau's skin was quite fluffy. We think the lor mai kai was a bit bland though.

wmw said...

Me like lo mai fan...pau-ed or not pau-ed! :o)

Locations of visitors to this page