Health & Nutrition Benefits of Eating Passion Fruit (source)
- The juice of passion fruit reduces cancer cell growth. Though research is underway on this issue, the phytochemicals in the fruit juice are considered to inhibit cancer cell growth.
- The phenolic acids and flavonoids present in the fruit are supposed to possess heart-protecting function.
- The phenolic profile of the fruit is known for its anti-microbial activity.
- Passion fruit is a good source of antioxidants, both water soluble and fat soluble ones.
- Passion fruit is considered good for products which require pasteurization.
- The fruit is quite high in carbohydrates and simple sugars, which improves athletic performance.
- It contains plant sterols, which help in lowering the levels of cholesterol.
- Passion fruit is a reservoir of Vitamin C, Vitamin A and Potassium.
- The seeds of the fruit are very vital sources of fiber.
- It is supposed to possess somniferous properties, which when taken before going to bed, help the person to relax and have a restful sleep.
- It is very good for attaining optimum health and to reduce weight.
Have a healthy weekend everyone!