• 3 large chicken drumsticks (deboned).• 4 cloves garlic (chopped finely)
• Oil for deep / pan frying
• 2 tablespoons Hoi Sin Sauce
• 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
• 1/4 teaspoon of white pepper powder
• 1/2 teaspoon of light soya sauce
Clean chicken and pat dry with kitchen towel / napkin. Marinade chicken for at least 3 hours. The longer the better.
Before frying, dust chicken with corn flour. Heat up oil and deep fry or pan fry the chicken using high heat till browned. Remove from oil and set aside.
Cut fried chicken into bite / smaller pieces. If chicken is still not cooked (reddish flesh), return chicken into oil and fry for another minute or two. As the chicken is now cut into smaller pieces, any uncooked bits will be cooked in a short period of time. If you fry it too long, it will not be juicy or tender anymore.
Clean the wok and heat up 1/2 tablespoon of cooking oil. Add garlic and saute till aromatic (but before turning brown) - this should take a couple of seconds only. Add chicken, stir well to coat chicken with garlic and dish up when garlic starts to brown.
My deviations from the recipe:-
1) I used 2 pieces of chicken breasts.
2) The meat was cut into strips before marination.
3) I forgot to saute garlic separately but threw fresh into the chicken pieces at the end of the cooking process.
End results, taste was not as I expected. Even the colour differs from what was posted here. BUT still good.Next time, maybe I'll try to follow the recipe strictly to see the difference. In the meantime, vote for me here, okie?