Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Euro Deli

I’m beginning to like life as a food blogger. Food oh! glorious food, new faces and places to discover and to spread the good word of good food to our society. As if Thursday’s session at Red Ginger wasn’t enough, Sidney’s well-blessed pot luck on Saturday might have just put this giant into rest, food wise at least.

The oh so cliché “resistance is futile” adage has battered me many times as I fought to resist the sight, the scent and the pleasure of food. And now, it’s Teckiee’s turn as she has pledged to reduce her intake to regain her past figure.

Sunday’s weather made me lethargic, despite my early start to the day at 7.00am, I was all zombie-like, helplessly flipping from channel to channel. Usually, the earlier I awake, the fresher I become. Yeah, I'm weird…

14 hours later, I find myself being chauffeured to Euro-Deli - Home to the King of Sausages, fit for a pork loving King like mua. Despite the loss of appetite, we ended up having a mini feast in Euro Deli.

We started with a bottle of Green Guava juice, just nice to fill 4 cups. Rich and flavorful, it’s as good as the ones they serve in Chili’s.

The green pea soup was next, served with small slices of sausages. My apologies for the picture being absent here. This one’s thicker, and more aromatic than the one we tried in Elcerdo not too long ago. You get the feel that the only ingredient they had to make this soup was... green peas.. nothing more, nothing less....

We ordered a plate of salad with cheese sausages to share. Though we find it too “mayo” for our liking, it was still a pleasurable starter so long as you’re not having the whole plate to yourself. The beet root is juicy and sweet….nice touch.

I ordered a plate of mini burgers, 3 patties of specially prepared pork, topped with black pepper gravy served with fries and salad. The patties were superb; no shortcuts here, only fine pieces of meats are used, no fatty slabs or tendons. I finished all 3 pieces.

I heard that the spaghetti carbonara is a favorite here, and true enough it didn’t disappoint. Not too cheesy, not too creamy, this plate struck me with a perfect balance in its texture and flavor. Served with generous pork bacon pieces, this is indeed one of the better carbonaras I’ve had thus far.

The last plate we ordered was the mix knuckle and rib platter. Served with sauerkraut, mashed potatoes and salad, this dish was my favorite. The “crispy crisps” were superb, the meat so tender and the ribs are as rich as it can get. At times, it’s a bit of a letdown if the gravy isn’t good enough for the meat, especially the knuckle but thankfully the gravy used here is fabulous! Ze best I’ve tasted by far.

So as usual, I ended stuffing myself up and 15 minutes later, regretting having eaten so much..... Typical me.

Ladies and gentlemen, proof, if needed, that Pork cures appetite loss…

My tummy rating: 9.1/10

14 comments:

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

where is this again??..heard about it so much.. again lots of pork..pork overdose!

Babe_KL said...

the carbonara is indeed one of the better ones in town and the knuckles are sooo crispy!

backStreetGluttons said...

the first time v visited and commented on TT we thoz she was a he where then v guiltily think we have passed many uncalled for manly comments thinking he was a she . LOL ! so now if we dun see bill at end means its a he right ?
summore name got boy ending one.

This place seems to have very strong heavyweight dishes so in case u r thinking of doing a teckiee , lets just also say...resistence is futile

Big Boys Oven said...

Great place to dine. Fabulous crispy pork crackers.... great for meat eaters......I adore this place....oooh those giant sausages!

Anonymous said...

The mini burgers looks divine~~~

Anonymous said...

Have you check out Jarrod & Rawlins? Definitely a must try for a pork lover like you and me!!!

Tummythoz said...

Hey, you visited d 1 at Jln Yap Kwan Seng?
http://tummythoz.blogspot.com/2006/12/euro-deli-grill-restaurant-jalan-yap.html
Tingginya tummy rating bila non-halal is served.

wmw said...

Wah...the next day I had roti canai only...hahaha

Fezzaboy said...

We were at the one in Damansara Kim... small outlet but still kinda packed.

You all know me lar... i love pork....

Tankiasu, where is Jarrod & Rawlins?

teckiee said...

Did you all try the meat pie? Damn good with all the pok pok pok inside.

Fezzaboy said...

Nah, didn't try the meat pie... i was tossing between the sausages and the burgers....

So the meat pie's good ya?... OK.. shall try it the next time i'm there...

MeiyeN said...

i feel so full reading this post of yours.... hehe *oink oink*

Fezzaboy said...

BEing full is just the by product... fundamentally, one must enjoy the food first.

Collecting Moments said...

ooooo i wanna piggie break too!!! :@)

Locations of visitors to this page